Well, it has been a week and a half since we have been out of the hospital and we are all doing very well. Molly had her doctor's visit today and everything looks good. Her incision is healing nicely. She is scheduled to go back to the doctor in three to four weeks. She has also lost all of her pregnancy weight already which was thirty pounds, go Molly! Haley has had two doctor visits. Both went very well and she is doing great. After losing weight following birth, she has now begun to put it back on and she currently weighs 8 lbs 3 ounces. And yes, she already smiles! We have all been trying to get used to each other. It has been hard trying to adjust to this new sleep schedule that we have. Some nights we are up half the night, others not so much. But each day gets easier and the reward that we receive for all our work is well worth it.
Raising a child is a wonderful experience. You constantly are learning, not only about your new baby, but also about yourself. I think that we change once we have children, in a good way of course. You learn that you do not sleep as heavily as you used to or that you have newfound levels of patience that you never thought you had. But sometimes, you find out that you have a special gift. Something unique that only you can do, almost like a super power. And I have discovered mine. My super power is that I can turn any diaper that Haley is wearing into a poopy diaper. That's right, everytime time my daughter gets handed off to me I feel the rumble down under and shazam, we have a poopy diaper. I didn't think much of this until it happened like ten times in a row. No literally, ten times. At first I was annoyed about it, then concerned about it, but now I just joke about it. I have decided to accept my destiny. As Uncle Ben said, "With great power comes great responsibility." So I will continue to change dirty diapers until there are none. Call it what you will, my curse, my destiny or just my dumb luck. This is the gift that I have been given as Haley's daddy and I have chosen to embrace it. So my question to all of you that read this is, what is your super power?
With the blink of an eye
11 years ago


2 comments:
Quite a whitty article! Glad to see and hear things are going well. What a cute baby! By the way, I am still trying to find out my superpower. If it is changing dirty diapers then maybe I need to find some Kryptonite or something...;-)
Take Care guys,
Danny
Very funny Jon... should have had you around when Evey was always so constipated. You didn't share you biatch. My super power... they call me the Imitator. My baby usually only copies what I do. So if you ever want Haley to make fart sounds with her mouth... I'm your gal!
Post a Comment