background

Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Little Turkey


Yesterday was our little turkey's first Thanksgiving, and no, we did not have her for dinner. It seems that the new holiday trend now involves a photo shoot which stars Haley. Modeling various outfits under the flashing glow of cameras, you would think there was a celebrity staying at the house. But, she handles all the days events with poise, sweetness and an irresistable smile. Her ability to handle the spotlight only confirms that she will be able to deal with all the attention she gets once she solves world hunger, writes her first book, "Life with Dad, My Hero" and becomes the first President of Earth. Well, at least that's what her Dad thinks.


Thanksgiving is an important day. It is a time to reflect on what we have, rather than what don't have. It is a time when family comes together and when happy times are made and remembered. With that said, I would like to express what I am thankful for. I am thankful the gift of a beautiful daughter. Everytime she smiles, cuddles, holds my finger or even spits up on me, is precious. Haley has brought our family closer together and I am so very thankful for that. I am thankful for a loving wife. Molly is my partner in crime and I can't imagine going through life without her. I am also thankful for my dog Toby. He is fun, cuddly and sweet, well at least to me anyways. And lastly I would like to give thanks to all of our family and friends. Thank you for all the support you have given us and we are so very grateful to have you in our lives.

1 comment:

Rosey Posey said...

Gobble gobble! It was Evey's first Thanksgiving too... of course she did not have that cute little turkey outfit. She looks precious.